Last Revised March 13, 2015
Getting to Know You
We collect and store a wide variety of information you submit to Flikit or give us in the other ways described below. Some is personal information and some isn’t.
- What Is “Personally Identifiable Information” (PII)? Information that identifies you, such as your name, email address or image, or that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is “personally identifiable information.”
- When Do We Ask for PII?
- If you choose to register to use the App, we may collect your name and email address during the registration process.
- Flikit may ask you for other PII from time to time, such as contact information (like your mailing address and phone number). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the App beyond just browsing, or for the purposes disclosed to you at the time such other PII is collected.
- Do I Have A Choice? While you’re not required to provide PII to visit the App, many of our cool features may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account with us or, at other times, not to provide requested information.
How We Use What We Know
- How Do We Use PII? We use the PII we request at registration in order to provide you with the services offered on the App, including image or video hosting and sharing. There are some circumstances when we will share PII with trusted third party business partners, which may include advertisers, and others:
- Flikit may share PII with our trusted third party business partners. They are obligated to keep your information confidential. They may present you with offers pertaining to products and services which you may have requested or other offers for products and services that you will find of interest.
- How Do We Use Your Email Address? Flikit will use your email address to contact you to manage your account. Unless you tell us not to, Flikit will also send you marketing and promotional materials regarding Flikit and its features
- What If I Don’t Want Email From Flikit? If you don’t want to get emails from us (except related to customer service or account issues), you may opt out from the email after receiving.
Going Public and Being Social
There are some things you may choose to do on or by accessing the App which may be public. Here are some examples:
- Public Comments. Your comments may be seen by others. If you submit any personal or PII in a comment, other people who visit the App may see it.
- Connecting With Social Media. If you link your Flikit account to or sign in to your account through third-party social networking Apps, such as Facebook, or third-party social media plug-ins and applications, you are allowing us to have access to both PII and non-PII from your social media profile. That PII may be publicly viewed and may possibly be used by other members of these Apps.
- Ad Postings. The App may feature ads, including ads served by others to our App.
While Flikit has security measures to help protect the information under our control, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Flikit tries to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems, by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect it against unauthorized use, disclosure or access of the personal information we collect on this App. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure and you do so at your own risk.
- Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others. Although Flikit tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using the App, you agree that Flikit is not responsible if the storage equipment and services provided by others aren’t working like they are supposed to, and that you will have to seek any remedies from those providers, not Flikit.
Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the products and services that you are using, or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards, which meet these requirements. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed.
- see personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct or update it, or delete your personal information from our files;
- if your child under 13 has sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you; or
you can contact us at:
- URL: http://www.flikitapp.com/support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Flikit, c/o Diamond Studios, 1855 Data Drive, Suite 255, Hoover, AL 35244